Saturday, May 1, 2010

Happy National Scrapbook Day!

To celebrate my sister-in-law and I got together to do a project that I found at Big Picture Scrapbooking. The Mirror Project, Seeing The Beauty Within by Donna Kert has such a sweet and meaningful sentiment. Here is an excerpt from the intro:

As a girl grows, she is often bombarded with mixed messages about what real beauty is. If she listens to those messages, it can leave her vulnerable and lacking in self-confidence. It is so important to counter those messages with the most inspiring and empowering ones we can, as often as we can. When she learns to see that inner beauty, she will never look in the mirror the same again. Instead of only seeing a bad hair day or flawed skin, she will see strength, confidence, and truth shine through. She will learn to see her real beauty; it illuminates the world and makes it a better place.

The project that we will make together in class is a wonderfully tangible way to share our own insight with our girls and pass along the hopes and dreams that we have for them. Through the pages of a small book, we will celebrate who she is now and inspire her to be all that she dreams of becoming. This is very BIG!

The only supplies I had to buy were some thick chipboard for the covers and a small mirror. Having a 13 year old daughter I'm all too aware that the messages she gets from others aren't always healthy so I dove right into making this book. SIL's made her book for her 6 year old daughter so ours each looked very different.

I need a few pieces of cardstock to finish it off but I can't wait to show you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments and always return them!!