Saturday, May 15, 2010

Nookie Love

Flowers made from sewing pattern paper. I bought the pattern from a second-hand shop for $0.50 and have enough for a few hundred of these!! I just folded a few layers then cut a circle out. Secure the layers with a small brad.Crumple top layer right up, then second a little bit less and so on. I left the bottom two layers uncrumpled. Then smooth the layers out a little. I cut a big Kaiser gem on top of the brad and then sprayed with Raven Glimmer Mist.
While I was at the Secondhand shop I found this, 'The Fireside Book' published in 1978 and filled with these gorgeous hand painted images. I created a visual triangle with the birds to help the eye wander over the page. I also did the same thing with the flowers above.
And the completed layout! It's a class taught by the wonderful Tanya at the Scrapbook Nook using the May Kit. They are having a special for new customers for the month of May so please check it out here.

Right we are off for a BBQ soon so I'd better go and get some food ready! Happy Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments and always return them!!